Summer has finally arrived here in Bath and we have been having some fantastic weather recently. This got all the staff thinking of different ways we keep cool and how we can help animals keep safe, happy and cool during summer.
So here are our top tips for keeping pets cool this summer
- Place frozen water bottles on top of their cage and this will act like air conditioning as the cooler air will sink into the cage as heat rises.
- Give them frozen fruit and veg to eat
- Pea bobbing! – Place frozen peas in a water bowl – Fun at the same time!
- Ice pads are available to buy to help keep your pets environment cool.
- keep them out of direct sunlight – move their cage or shade the room by drawing the curtains
- Keep them hydrated – always have drinking water available
- keep damp towels in their sleeping area to help keep them cool.
- Do not ever leave your pet in a car for any length of time!
- Do not leave your pet in the conservatory! – Like a green house it can get very hot
- Travel bowls and bottles are a great way to give a drink when out and about
- Billy+Margot Iced treats for dogs are a tasty way for dogs to keep cool! In fabulous flavours too!
- Put rubber or rope toys in cold water and then freeze them giving a soothing chew toy
- Reptiles can also over heat – you can use special reptile enclosure fans to ensure the enclosure has a cooler end for your pets to cool off in.
If you need to travel with your pets we suggest
- Use a windscreen shade to keep them cool and out of sunlight whilst in the car
- Use a pet guard on the window so there can be a breeze without the risk of your pet escaping
- Travel non spill bowls are great for travelling and keeping hydrated.
She loves to paddle in the sea and chase the waves
She loves the Billy+Margot doggie iced treats!
She likes to explore the rivers and streams!
We look forward to seeing your entries on our Facebook page (or tweet us!)
Let us know any of your keeping cool tips!
We look forward to welcoming you in store soon; remember we are open in our Bath store 7 days a week!
Any ideas and suggestions you have will be welcomed. You can follow us in many ways:
We are now on Instagram! – notjustpets Follow us and see some fantastic photos!
We run regular photo competitions, quizzes, offers and promotions on our Facebook and Twitter pages, so why not “like” or “follow” us today!
Get in touch via any of the above, or via our website or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 01225 461461. Or simply pop in, you’ll be welcome!